As at 31 December 2021 the Iren Group had 9,055 employees, up compared to 8,680 employees as at 31 December 2020, as the table below shows, divided by Holding and Business Unit.
|Company||Workforce at 31.12.2021||Workforce at 31.12.2020|
|IRETI and subsidiaries||2,166||2,154|
|Iren Ambiente and subsidiaries||4,178||4,065|
|Iren Energia and subsidiaries||1,084||874|
|Iren Mercato and subsidiaries||553||524|
The changes in the workforce compared to 31 December 2020 were ascribable to:
- the acquisition, in March 2021, by Iren Ambiente of the company Futura for a total of 28 resources;
- the acquisition, in August 2021, by Alfa Solutions (formerly Studio Alfa) of the business unit of SAS - Sviluppo Ambiente e Sicurezza and of Lab231, for a total of 26 resources;
- to Bosch Energy and Building Solutions Italy (now Iren Energy Solutions), for a total of 156 resources, acquired by Iren Smart Solutions at the end of November 2021;
- to the initiation/conclusion of services contracted out by San Germano;
- continuation of the generational turnover plan, with a considerable number of recruitments on the labour market.